Saturday, July 12, 2008

Week II

Tuesday- July 7th

I am unable to recall anything spectacular about this day...

Wednesday- July 8th

Class, nap, went to the top of the Eiffel Tower with the people that are in my program. It was okay..haha. I am really disappointed because the program director wouldn't let me go up the steps, so I think I am going to go back another night and try and qm up the steps without getting in trouble. It is something I have really wanted to do since I got here, and even though the stairs only go up to the first level, I really want to say that I qm'ed up the Eiffel Tower. I guess I'll put that on my to-do list....

After the Eiffel Tower, I was feeling really antsy and restless, especially because the Tower is utterly climbable and there was a dense population of rails while queuing up for the elevator (I was discretely doing little vaults when the security guards weren't watching). I started doing some monkey work in the courtyard while waiting for a few friends to arrive. One girl that I was with said that while I was doing the monkey movement, it was the first time she had seen a huge smile on my face that day. Eiffel Tower? Eh.. Parkour? Oui! Tres tres tres magnifique.

Thursday- July 9th

Had my first phonetics workshop today. I was really scared because the prof is really eccentric and if you don't make the right sound she schmushes your cheeks together so that you do. I think "schmushes" is a technical term, hehe.

The class ended up being okay, she only schmushed my face once, so I consider that a small victory. The best bit is that the classroom is off the main campus, so when you enter the courtyard of this building it is kind of a sweet little training area (pictures to come!!!). I was messing around on it before class, then during the break and a bit after class. Definitely going to have a proper session there next week. Very excited.

Did laundry in my sink because the crazy french washing machines kept eating my coins. Had to take the bungee cord off my backpack and rig a clothing line between my door and the hinge of my closet, so that was interesting.

Friday- July 10th

Class and then a nap.The sun goes down around 10:30, 11pm, and I don't feel like I should be sleeping until it is dark, so the days have been long, plus I have to wake up early every day, hence all the naps. I am pretty excited about this weekend. Going to Lisses and Evry to meet up with TK17, who is going to show me around a bit. Training with Seb Goudot next week, which I am really nervous and excited for!!

Not too much happening right now..just recovering from the mass amounts of wall runs and muscle ups from a hanging cat yesterday. Go me, I finally got my cat to muscle up!!! They are still bit labored, but certainly more swift than before. I am definitely more willing to play and try new things because I know I don't have that much time here, so I really need to make use of it. I should come to France more often....

1 comment:

Tyson said...

Sounds like you're making some nice progress training by yourself in an unfamiliar place, that's really kickass!