Friday, August 1, 2008

Tuesday July 28th

Last day in Paris!! Went to class for 2 hours in the morning and got my little diploma (go me!). My prof is really cool, I'll miss her. She is super sarcastic, talks really fast and makes fun of us all the time. Her choice nicknames for me were Miss Spiderman and Mademoiselle Yamakasi, ha! Did a bit of shopping today, went out to an utterly french dinner with my friends (bread, french onion soup, roasted chicken, then shared crepes suzette, creme brulee and chocolate cake). We went to a jazz club later that night, it was a pretty perfect evening. I packed 'till about 2:30 in the morning, then went to sleep. Had to be outside at 7:15 to catch my taxi to the train station. I think I am getting good at saying good-bye and leaving places in general. Wasn't too hard for me, but that doesn't mean that I won't miss them or Paris. Just sort of something that needs to happen, I guess.

*************************************************************************************

Wednesday July 29th

Got to the train station really early, which I was really happy about. I almost had a break down when I realized that none of the elevators were working and the escalator going up was broken. Fuck. It is probably important to note that I have 1 huge suitcase and 1 medium suitcase which weigh upwards of 150 lbs, plus a laptop bag, a tote bag filled with toiletries and a purse filled with notebooks and other such nonsense. Fuck, fuck, fuck. Why the hell do I have so much stuff?! I didn't know what I would need before the trip, so I'll just chalk this up as a learning experience, albeit a very annoying one. Grr!

I just stared at the steps for about 5 minutes then started up. I had to throw the medium bag behind me, up 3 steps, then drag the huge suitcase up 2 steps, then throw the medium one again, then drag again. I am really stubborn and refused to make 2 trips, plus I just feel very paranoid that someone is going to take off with my bag as soon as I take my eyes/hands off of it (even though they are too heavy for anyone to run with). I got up the first section of stairs and was in PAIN. It was bad. I probably should have warmed up first, haha. 3 separate guys offered to help me carry my bags up the second flight, but I refused because I was pissed off and wanted the satisfaction of doing it myself.

Train ride was uneventful, I was very excited to see that no one was in the seat next to me, so I got to move to the window. Small victory, I choose to believe that it had something to do with dragging all that stuff up the stairs.

Got to London, took a taxi to the hotel, checked in and immediately took a shower and a nap. I woke up really hungry, so I walked to this huge mall about 15 minutes away and tried to find food and an adapter. I failed at the former, and ended up going to a McDonald's on the way back, I did get the adapter, though. Came back and was feeling really rotten, a cold has been brewing for the past week and now it is in full force! Took another nap, then re-packed my stuff as I got tired last night and just started throwing stuff in.

No comments: